Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Clazzerati's Couture Challenge: #2



Oh yes, i've got slightly ahead of myself with my New Year's resolution. I'm feeling very smug at the moment but i'm in no doubt that this will soon change.  You see i'm often very enthusiastic at the start of a project, racing ahead, and then my enthusiasm deflates somewhat.  If you have no idea what i'm talking about, my New Year's resolution is to make one item of clothing each month.  And so far so good - you can see my first item here.

My second project was to make a covered elasticated waist skirt.  Sounds glamorous I know but I see these skirts everywhere - Urban, AA.  This one at AA is on sale for £33.  Pffff, that is soooooo over-priced.


So, I set out to find a quick tutorial online - the blogging world is full of them - and stumbled across this one from Freshly Picked.  It was super easy to follow...









1 1/2 hours later at a cost of roughly £4, this was the finished result...


Oh, and I used a jersey material as I wanted something super stretchy n soft.


Right, on to challenge #3 - any ideas of suggestions on what I should make next...send them in, i'm keen to hear what you guys think!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

Big love,

Clazzerati xx